THE LINCOLN‐WAY DISTRICT HOCKEY CLUB
The Lincoln‐Way District Hockey Club is made up of students in the Lincoln‐ Way High School District #210. High school hockey is not recognized as an Illinois High School Athletic program, and as such, we are a non-IHSA-sanctioned, club sport and are not sponsored by the LW high schools. We are students who want to continue to play competitive hockey with our friends and classmates while playing under the Lincoln‐ Way name.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Lincoln‐Way District Hockey Club (LWDHC) is to provide an excellent environment conducive to the development of highly competitive, good character, hockey players for high school students residing in the Lincoln‐Way District 210 boundaries and attending a Lincoln-Way District high school. Our approach is to provide both tactical and technical coaching required to perform at all levels of high school hockey with a focus on individual skill development, team commitment, and respect for the game. We provide both on-ice and off-ice training that challenges players to reach their full hockey potential. We demand good sportsmanship and respect for one another including players, coaches, league officials, and parents which is enforced through our Code of Conduct Policy.
Our purpose is to provide the opportunity for interested students of LW East, LW Central and LW West to play competitive hockey for their schools in an environment that promotes sportsmanship, teamwork, and proficiency at the sport, scholastics, and proper moral and ethical conduct without bias and at a reasonable cost.
Currently, we are a combined club comprised of 3 teams (1 Varsity and 2 Junior Varsity). The teams are chosen by the coaches after player evaluation sessions typically held in August. Players on each of the 3 teams come from all of the 3 schools. Our typical season runs from conditioning and player evaluations held in August through the end of February or early March, averaging 40+ games and scrimmages per team.
LWDHC has entered teams into the Illinois West and Illinois Hayes Suburban hockey leagues. These leagues are competitive, and culminate in playoff games and All Star games. We also enter our teams in the AHAI State Playoffs. Our teams practice on ice at least twice a week (some weeks three times); there is also an off-ice training component..
When are the conditioning camp and player evaluations going to be held for the 2019-2020 season?
Before player evaluations, there will be a conditioning camp held at Homewood Flossmoor Ice Arena.
LW Conditioning Camp dates and times:
- Tuesday – August 6th
- Thursday – August 8th
- Tuesday, August 13th
- Thursday, August 15th
*There are 2 sessions per night: Session #1 will run from 5:00pm to 6:00pm and Session #2 will run from 6:10pm to 7:10pm. Players will be notified of which session to attend by the LW coaching staff.
Player evaluations will also be held at Homewood Flossmoor Ice Arena.
LW Player Evaluation dates and times:
- Tuesday – August 20th
- Thursday – August 22nd
- *There are 2 sessions per night: Session #1 will run from 5:00pm to 6:00pm and Session #2 will run from 6:10pm to 7:10pm. Players will be notified of which session to attend by the LW coaching staff.
- Anyone who does not participate in the LW conditioning camp should contact Coach Kevin at [email protected] to be assigned to a player evaluation session.
- After player evaluations, players will be assigned to one of our three teams based on the LW coaching staff’s assessments and individual team practices will begin the following week (ie Monday, 8/26 thru Thursday, 8/29).
Combined Conditioning/Player Evaluation Fee? $800. This fee becomes the first payment for the regular season. If you choose to participate in the conditioning dates only, the fee is $600. Payment is due the first night of player evaluations and by cash or check only. Unfortunately, we are not set up to accept credit cards.
Regular Season Fee? This year our player fees are estimated to be approximately $4,000. This fee is spread out in payments throughout the season and covers on‐ice and off‐ice activities. Payments are due on the 15th of every month starting with the August Conditioning/ Player Evaluation fee of $800. Payments of $800 are due in September through November. We take a break from payments in December, then the final payment of $800 will be due in January.
Breakdown of Player Fees
- Coaching costs/fees (including the weekly goalie clinics)
- Ice costs (games and practices)
- League fees
- Referee fees
- Scrimmage game fees/costs
- 1 pair of black game socks and 1 pair of gray game socks
- 3 tournaments per team
- Entry into the IL State playoff tournament
- Bi-weekly off-ice training
- Game jerseys (1 black and 1 gray) – required – est cost is $125/jersey (2 required)
- Pants/breezers (1 black) – required est cost is $70
- Warmups – optional – est cost is $125
- Equipment bags – optional – est cost is $65
- Extra socks – est cost is $45/pair
- Any protective equipment/gear (ie helmets, skates, shin guards, pants, etc..)
Last season, the LW off‐ice program ran from September through December twice a week at ReClaim fitness in New Lenox. We have not yet determined where off ice will be this season but will do so soon.
What else should I know? The LWDHC website is an important site for you to check regularly, as it is updated daily. There you will find: contact information, rosters, schedules, our store (spiritwear), documents (board policies and by‐laws), photos, and important updates. http://www.lwhockey.com/
What if I have more questions?
This informational flyer will serve as an FAQ, hopefully answering questions you may have about our club. If you still have questions, please contact Hockey Director Kevin Galassini [email protected]